The good old checks were the preferred payment method for most of the previous decade. Credit cards followed suit and quickly gained popularity as an integral part of medical payment processing systems, grabbing some of the fame away from checks. ICG payment processing system for medical healthcare will help go mobile and be agile to the changing consumer needs.
Come 2020, the pandemic puts people behind the four walls of their houses. People’s preference for contactless payments surged, forcing medical businesses such as clinics, hospitals, laboratories, and others to adapt to the new norm quickly. Companies that don’t accept payments via mobile, email invoicing, and other online methods, run the risk of hampering their customer satisfaction metrics.
Many medical offices have yet to find a provider that accepts eChecks. If your clients in the medical industry cannot accept ACH payments, they’ll likely fall behind competitors who accept them. This is why it’s imperative to provide ACH payment processing capabilities to merchants.
Benefits of ACH for Medical Payment Processing
Healthcare businesses can derive a wide array of benefits by accepting ACH payments. Following are a few benefits of ACH payments:
- They are relatively economical: You’re probably familiar with processing fees accompanying credit and debit card payments. ACH payments cost significantly less than these payment methods,
- There is a lower probability of fraud: Paper check frauds are common because they can be tampered with. When a customer sends a check via email, there are several ways they can be compromised. ACH payments eliminate this risk because they can’t be lost in the mail. They provide a sense of security to your client’s customers.
- They make receiving recurring payments easy: Periodic billing and the costs of processing recurring transactions can affect the bottom line. Moreover, customers sometimes forget to make a payment on time, adding to the merchant’s cash flow perils. Setting up recurring ACH payments can eliminate these issues and save time in billing the customers.
- The processing is much shorter: 21st-century businesses can’t run on paper checks that take days to clear. Medical payment processing solutions require ACH capabilities as a quicker alternative to expedite the receipt of funds.
- They save time and reduce the possibility of errors: Physical checks necessitate frequent trips to the bank. ACH payments do not require bank visits, allowing merchants to spend time on other productive tasks. Additionally, ACH payments are less prone to errors than physical checks. Especially with Nacha’s new rule for WEB debits, the errors will reduce further.
- They offer convenience: Let’s face it—nobody likes walking around with a checkbook or mailing physical checks when they can make the payment with a few clicks. ACH payments are convenient not only for the customers but for merchants as well. Merchants don’t have to visit the bank or fret high about processing times with ACH payments.
ACH payments can bring these efficiencies to your client’s payment process. If you’re curious about how you can fully leverage the power of ACH payments, take a look at 6 Strategies to Optimize Your ACH and Merchant Services Account.
Your client may use a separate provider for IVR and credit card payments and a QuickBooks plugin for email invoicing. Accepting and managing payments via different providers can make the process tedious.
Multiple Payment Methods
Integration with ICG will enable your clients to accept payments via IVR, credit cards, debit cards, ACH, remote deposit capture, and eChecks—all in one virtual terminal. This saves your clients time and makes management easy by bringing all these payment methods on a single platform.
Reduce PCI scope
Instead of having a Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) come for an on-site assessment that costs merchants plenty of person-hours and unexpected dents in the budget, you could help merchants reduce their PCI scope and let us take care of PCI compliance.
Nacha Preferred Partner
Therefore, ICG always ensures compliance with Nacha regulations. Our commitment to brilliance, extensive industry experience, and 24/7 support make us an ideal partner for ISOs and ISVs.
iCG’s Payments Processing Solutions
Instead of creating in-house payment solutions, ISVs can integrate their product with our API offered as a hosted payment portal or an iFrame. iCG’s suite of payment processing solutions can introduce efficiencies to your clients’ medical payment processing system. iCG solutions can synergize with your product and provide your clients with excellent medical payment processing solutions.
iCG’s internet-enabled virtual terminal allows your clients to process ACH and credit card transactions from a secure web-based interface.
Invoice Management System
Request payments directly from iCheckGateway.com. Clients receive a payment link via email and can choose to pay by ACH or a credit card.
Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
IVR technology for payments allows customers to make ACH and credit card payments using their phones without any interaction with a representative.
Your clients can now integrate iCG with both QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online. The plugin uses tokenization to support stored payment methods for autopay customer profiles, reducing your client’s PCI scope.
Cash Discount Program
Merchants lose about 2 to 4% of the sales value as credit card processing fees. A Cash Discount Program could incentivize customers to pay in cash or by ACH transfer. Customers can avail of this discount through iCG’s payment platforms, including mobile and IVR systems.
We Nurture our ISO and ISV Partnerships
We aim to add value through sophisticated payment solutions, not compete with our ISO and ISV partners for merchant processing.
Our sales and support team will continue to provide support until such time that you begin to feel confident about taking over. We pride ourselves on the comprehensive support we offer merchants to technical challenges they face during the transition.
You will never have to worry about customer attrition with ICG. Our support and tech teams will ensure that your merchants’ concerns are resolved at the earliest. Become an ICG partner today and provide cutting-edge payment solutions to your clients.
Date Originally Published: May 01, 2021
Date Updated: August 1, 2022
MORE TAGS:ACH Technology, Nacha Preferred Partnership, Payment Processing, FinTech Updates, Healthcare